This raw tart is a very refreshing summer dessert, it is fairly simple to make and looks extra gorgeous when topped with edible flowers!
Remember to use organic, fair-trade/local ingredients where possible!
It’s been awhile since I have shared recipes one after another with out months of nothing! Since the birth of my child Zen, almost a year ago now, I just don’t seem to find the spare time to sit at the computer, type out the recipe and share! But as Zen gets older I do hope I’ll get a little bit more time to share recipes I create as I have missed doing so!
However, I am currently working on a small online recipe book, which I hope to release in a few months! ❤ Will update you soon!
For now do yourself a favour and make this delicious Rosewater Caramel & Nectarine Tart!
2 cups of shredded coconut
1 ½ cups of raw cashews
1 cup of raisins
¼ cup of pecans
3 tablespoons of melted cacao butter
Pinch of Murray River Salt
1. In a food processor or blender, Pulse/blend the shredded coconut until it resembles a fine powder, put it into a bowl.
2. Next pulse/blend the raw cashews and pecans until they too resemble a fine powder, add to the bowl and give mixture a quick stir.
3. Then pulse/blend the raisins until they are sticky add to the bowl, mix well.
4. Mix in the melted cacao butter and a pinch of salt.
5. Firmly press 1 cup of the mixture into a large tart pan, use the remaining mixture to press around the sides of the tin.
6. Chill the base in the fridge for about 30 minutes, so it hardens up.
Raw Rosewater Caramel Sauce + Nectarines
1/3 cup of soaked cashews (soak overnight then rinsed well)
¼ cup of melted cacoa butter
¼ cup of melted coconut oil
¼ cup of water
5 Medjool dates (7 Bahee dates)
2 tablespoons of agave syrup
2 tablespoons of Rose Water (I use Chef’s Choice which is labelled Vegan)
¼ teaspoon of Murray River Salt
Optional 1 whole vanilla bean
7-10 ripe nectarines (not in season? top this tart with any fruit you like!)
Handful of broken pecan pieces
Optional sprinkle of Murray River Salt
1. Blend the top 8 ingredients together until creamy and smooth.
2. Spread the caramel sauce over the tart base, put it in the fridge until it sets.
3. Slice up the ripe nectarines and place them on top of the harden caramel.
4. Garnish with flowers, and a sprinkle of broken pecan pieces.
5. Eat immediately, if you do not wish to eat this tart straight away, do not put the nectarine on top until you want to eat it, as they oxide quickly and do not look as appetising, however if you do not mind, go for it, the slice will last a few days in the fridge with the slice nectarines, and at least a week without them on top.
If you make this raw tart or any of my other recipes please let me know what you think and #magicmilkbarrecipe